Friday, October 16, 2009

lord of the flies vocab

abyss-a deep immeasurable gulf of cavity
synonym-chasm
my definition-hell
sentence- the hole was so deep it looked as thoguh it was going in to the abyss.

articulate-capable of speach
synonym-expressive
my definition- spokes person
sentence-the 3 year old is ver articulate for his age.

bastion-a fortified shape
synonym-fortress
my definition-castle
sentence- the briggs is a very bastion.

blundered-a gross, stupid,or careless mistake.
synonym-mistake
my definition-ignorant
sentences-the colonel made a huge blunder that nearly cost his team their life.

cascades-a waterfall descending over a steep, rocky surface.
synonym-waterfall
my definition-waterfall
sentence- The cascades where very beautiful.

compressed-pressed into less space
synonym-condensed
my definition- small place
sentence- the trash compactor compressed the trash in to a smaller size.

contempuously-showing or expressing contempt or disdain
synonym- scornful
my definition-mean
sentence-the ruler was very contemptuous to his followers

contrite-caused by or showing sincere
synonym-rueful
my definition-ruthless
sentence- the ruler was so contrite that he sacrificed many of his followers

corpulent- large or bulky of body
synonym-portly
my definition-fat
the corpulent boy tried to loose weight

covert- concealed, secret disguised
synonym-clandestine
my definition- sniper
sentence-the police had to send in covert ops to catch the criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment